Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weebly

Weebly seems like a great way to get a professional looking website.  As an undergraduate, I actually made my own website using DreamWeaver.  It was actually pretty fun once I got the hang of it, but the learning curve was a tad frustrating.  Linking was definitely the most obnoxious part.  Anyway, my professor insisted that I use software like DreamWeaver and not a tool like Weebly (a great learning experience, but a LOT more work for similar results).

Overall, a great example of the power of word-of-mouth.  I am drawn to the layout and freshness of the sites, and I probably would have chosen this tool for my literacy project.  However, in class, several people mentioned its drawbacks, especially copying and pasting from Word.  So...I think I'll avoid it! 

However, I am loving the idea of the ePortfolio and I am seriously considering creating one for my career.  I love the way this one is set up.  It's also a great way to set up a WebQuest, like this wonderful example. 

I don't know...on second thought, after seeing all those cool examples, I sort of DO want to explore and create one for my project!  I'm just apprehensive about potential frustrations.  What is your experience with Weebly?  I am sure it is user-friendly and easy, but I'm worried about formatting annoyances.  Have you had any of those?  Help me make my decision!!  Thanks in advance :)

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Megan, Weebly is an excellent tool. Its shortcomings are minor, and overall the tool is easy to use and can create an attractive product appropriate for teaching in your certification area. Many elementary school teachers find Weebly is a perfect site to use to create websites for classroom use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use some app which help me monitoring my daughter's web activity, and I'm really satisfied, because I know whom she texting, or what she's going to do.
    www.phonetrackerr.xyz

    ReplyDelete